Spousal/ Common-law Partner Sponsorship

Spousal Sponsorship is a sub-category program of Canada Family Sponsorship that aims to help a permanent resident or citizen in sponsoring his/her spouse or common-law partner to live and work in Canada. Both the Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is also a sponsor and the foreign national i.e. the person being sponsored must be approved by the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive a visa.

If you want your wife or husband or live-in partner to come and live with you, Arish Immigration is here to assist you in filing the sponsorship form. You can sponsor a person as your common-law partner if:

  • The person is of the opposite or same sex; and
  • You and your partner have lived together in a conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year.

Parent/ Grandparent Sponsorship

The Government Of Canada knows that the foremost priority of every individual, whether Canadian or foreigner is his/her family. We know what role your family plays in your life. This is why we work for family unification. Whether you want to sponsor your mother or father or both, we can help you file a sponsor application. Our assistance to sponsorship programs include:

  • Parent Sponsorship
  • Grandparent Sponsorship
  • Parent Super Visa
  • Grandparent Super Visa
  • PNP Family Stream

Dependent Child/ Relative

As per the amendment done on October 24, 2017, a dependent child must be under the age of 22 to fulfill the criteria of being sponsored according to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. No matter, you have a natural child or an adopted one, he/she may be sponsored to live with their parent(s) as permanent residents in Canada. The child sponsorship program is a subsection of the Family Class of immigration.

For filling a sponsorship application, a dependent child may be your own child or that of the person you are sponsoring. As per IRCC, dependent children must:

  • Be under the age of 22 and not a spouse or common-law partner; or
  • Are dependent substantially on the financial support of a parent before the age of 22 or unable to provide for themselves due to a medical condition.

Other Relative Sponsorship

If you are at least 18 years of age or above, you are eligible for sponsoring a relative to immigrate to Canada under the family class. In case, you are planning to sponsor a relative, you must be able to support them financially when they arrive and should meet their basic needs like food, shelter and clothing. The other requisites to be fulfilled are:

  • You must be a Canadian citizen or
  • You are a person registered in Canada
  • You are a permanent resident of Canada

The persons/individuals you can sponsor as a relative are:

  • Orphaned relatives under 18 years of age
  • Relative related to you by blood or adoption
  • Son or daughter
  • Brother or sister
  • Uncle or aunt
  • Nephew or niece

What’s The Eligibility Criteria For Sponsorships?

  • Must be a Canadian Citizen
  • Must be able to support the basic needs of spouse or partner and any dependents
  • Must not have sponsored anyone in the past who has requested financial assistance from the government
  • Must be legally married to a spouse or cohabiting for at least one year to sponsor a common-law partner
  • Must be able to financially support the spouse/partner for at least three years
  • Must not be bankrupt, or should not have a criminal record
  • Must intend to reside with sponsored spouse/partner in Canada
  • Must be at least 18 years old

At Arish Immigration in Canada, we can help you in guiding and filing a visa application to undertake and sponsor your family or partner to live and stay with you. You can trust us for a reliable and trustworthy consultation.

The Undertaking

To qualify for sponsorship to Canada, the sponsor itself and the person he/she is sponsoring must establish that they are either married, common-law or conjugal partners through proper documents and proofs. When a person agrees to be a sponsor, he must sign a contract also referred to as undertaking. This contract promises to provide financial and social support to the spouse or partner for basic requirements and health services.

Call To Know More About Express Entry Program!